Harvest in Burgundy
September 2015 is SOLD OUT.
If you are interested in custom travel to Burgundy using a similar itinerary or having us design something special, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To pre -book for Spring 2016 email us now!
Be one of only 10-12 people to experience a custom wine vacation in Burgundy, France. Each year, Bliss Travels' clients enjoy exclusive access things not typically available to tourists:
Visit domaines not open to the public;
Enjoy private barrel tastings led by small wine makers;
Have a private (sommelier led) Grand Cru tasting party; and
Experience top level dining that ranges from casual market day picnics to Michelin stars and private chefs.
his is a personalized relaxed trip through Burgundy with "insiders" that is customized to reflect the preferences of each traveler on this annual wine vacation. This is not a "group tour" with rigid schedules or stuffy events. To learn more about us, watch our videos both here and on our homepage.
"I had the most wonderful trip to Burgundy with you and Bliss Travels last September. As a former head of the Bordeaux wine society in Washington, DC, but a great lover of Burgundies, I can tell you that all of my expectations were exceeded, from the pre-Burgundy days in Paris , during which I experienced things I had not, despite living in Paris for almost 5 years, to the Burgundy Adventure - including where we stayed, the tours, both of Beaune and the chateaux, the teaching sessions, and the meals (Ah, the meals!) it was the best vacation of its type I had ever taken. "
- D.T. (Washington D.C. 2011)
"I did want to tell you that I was worried that our second trip (Burgundy) would not be as good as the first (to Provence) but WOW it was truly something special. I have never tasted such good wine! And your ability to get us in to places no one else gets to was outstanding. I appreciate your personal attention to detail and your ability to make it feel like we are traveling with friends-which we are now. Bordeaux Next!" -T.T. (Atlanta, GA 2013)
A Bliss Travels Original Design
September 2015 SOLD OUT Grand Cru experience is designed to provide the ultimate 6 night luxury experience…
Unique, privately owned luxurious lodging, multiple Grand Cru and Premiere Cru tastings, and customized gastronomic dining, including Michelin stars and private chefs in a relaxed setting.
Price: from $5,400 for 6 night itinerary below with everything in this "over the top" wine vacation as outlined below (top level luxury lodging, all private tastings, trains, private transfers, private meals, private tours...)
Two types of lodging in Burgundy: 4 room private inn (only one remaining), owned by a wine maker and filled with original antiques and art (two suites) or luxury hotel lodging in the small hotel of the family of a Michelin starred chef..
Budget conscious option: More moderate wine trip for those who don't want to miss out.
Can include a shortened "Burgundy only" version of our trip. We can also modify special meals or lodging & customize inclusions in Paris.
Deluxe, charming lodging in upscale boutique hotels and inns. Sightseeing and dining as in the below itinerary except for private chef and Grand Cru tasting class. Items may be added individually.
Price: $3,500 per person/double room
Sample Itinerary (Order of items might vary. Specific itinerary inclusions are based upon travelers attending the trip, as all of our trips are customized)
Leave US, overnight flight to Paris. Flight not included.
Day 1 (Arrive Paris)
- Paris orientation or specialty walking tour (designed to suit our guests' interests: history, art...) followed by special gastronomic tasting menu and fine wines at a Michelin starred restaurant
- Afternoon Private Left Bank walking tour
- Evening - join us in a local hot spot -- and special wine bar. Enjoy gourmet tapas and fine wines your first night in Paris. Explore the sights and try the wines.
- Overnight in Paris
- Continental Breakfast
- First class train transport to Burgundy and private transfers between hotels
- Gourmet picnic for lunch.
- Check into your Inn.
- Private tour of 14th Century cellar, led by the winemaker. Barrel tastings followed by a multi course gastronomic dinner of prepared by a private chef, along with Burgundy wine pairings. Dishes include gourmet fare such as foie gras and leek terrine and lobster poached in red wine with baby vegetables. Paired with premiere cru Burgundy wines. Welcome to Burgundy!
- Gourmet, Home made Breakfast served in your Inn
- Morning—1 hour walking tour of the village
- Lunch in a Chateau.
- Afternoon tour of the famed whites of Burgundy including Meursault and a visit to the charming village of Pommard to taste their wines.
- Evening group dinner at a local restaurant (3 courses, with wines).
- Gourmet, Home made Breakfast served in your Inn.
- Morning on your own
- Gourmet Lunch, followed by an afternoon private tour of the Cote de Nuits –viewing the famed vineyards of Clos de Vougeot and Romanee Conti.
- Tastings of Pinot Noirs from the Cote de Nuits included. You will travel by private van with a wine expert as well as a Bliss Travels representative. Visit Nuits St George.
- Dinner on your own (Bliss Travels can make recommendations no matter what your culinary preferences)
- Gourmet, Home made Breakfast served in your Inn.
- Morning on your own to visit the markets and tour the Hospices of Beaune.
- Lunch on your own.
- Afternoon, private premiere and grand cru wine tasting and class in a chapel decorated with 1000 year old art. Enjoy tastings from a variety of wonderful vintages including the exceptional 2005 and 2009.
- Gastronomic "farewell to Burgundy" dinner prepared by one of the area's legendary Michelin starred restaurants.
- Gourmet, Home made breakfast served in your Inn.
- Check out and return to Paris.
- Afternoon in Paris on your own, or option to add private tours.
- Evening on your own (choice to take Seine River Cruise).
- Breakfast at hotel. Day on own.
- return to US. Flight home. Not included.
- On site private guide and events coordinator. Small private group. No more than 12 people.
- 6 nights beautiful, luxury hotel in Paris and highly luxurious Inn in Burgundy, double occupancy. Two suites available, supplemental charge. Given on a first to purchase basis.
- 4 Gourmet home made breakfasts each day in Burgundy.
- 2 breakfasts, Paris.
- 4 lunches as described above, all with top wines.
- 3 gourmet multi course dinners as described above, with custom menus and top wines (including night with private chef)
- Transportation to/from Burgundy by first class train.
- Private transfers between trains and hotels
- All private tours in Burgundy –two ½ day private tours, with private car/van transportation –one guide/wine expert pr 7 clients. Tasting of minimum 6-8 wines each tour. One tasting/tour of Cote du Beaune wine makers and one tour/tasting of Cote de Nuits wine makers. At least 2 tasting stops for each.
- Tastings at domaines NOT open to the public
- All tastings described above including private cellar tour and barrel tastings
- 1 Wine tasting class of premiere cru and at least 4 grand cru wines
- Tastings include such Grand Cru wines as Echezeaux, Clos du Vougeot, Corton and more
- 1 Wine bar event in Paris with wines and "tapas"
- Privately guided walking tours as described above.
- Special room upgrades and special Michelin starred meals may be added at an added cost.
Airfare, airport/hotel transfers, anything not specifically listed in the above itinerary as included.
- Itinerary and the ideas therein are property of Bliss Travels. All parties reviewing this itinerary agree not to use or cause it to be used without first making payment to Bliss Travels for preparation of same