Provence & Tuscany
2017: Provence portion sold out. Only one room left for Italy portion.
2018: Sold out Provence portion, possible 2-3 rooms Italy portion.
2019: If interested, please contact us soon!
Dates for these trips are last week June and first week in July.
2017: June 24 to July 4th or 6th, 2017. June 24-29, 2017 in Provence, France followed by June 29 to July 4th in Tuscany (hill towns and Siena), plus an optional two nights on the Italian coast near Portofino.
2018: June 28 to July 3, Tuscany followed by July 3-5 or 6th Portofino area.
Possible to book only one of the two destinations.
One-of-a-kind trip from Florence to the Tuscan hill towns, to the Italian Riviera, and into the heart of Provence. Our trip will include Tuscany, Italian Riviera, and Provence. Prices begin at $8,990 per person for the 12 night trip.
(Attending for only 5 nights in either Tuscany or Provence is possible. See bottom of page.)
The trip includes the chance to enjoy "bucket list" events like balcony seats at the famed Palio horse races in Siena, truffle dinners in Tuscany and an evening with a Michelin starred chef in Provence. Each trip is customized. Each trip is different.
Sample daily itinerary is below. Contact Wendy (email@example.com)
This trip is about relaxed "authenticity". All lodging is uniquely decorated and personally selected. In Tuscany we will take over small "Palazzo" and luxury residences. In Provence, we will have a luxury Provencal inn to ourselves, in a perched Medieval village. Meals are gastronomic or rustic, local, and truly authentic. Some meals include private chefs or cooking lessons and private dining; some include sitting in far off farms enjoying multi course country feasts. Every meal includes wines, such as top wines from Chateauneuf du Pape, Vino Nobile, Brunello, Tavel, Bandol and more. You have 3 private guides/planners (including the owner of Bliss Travels and a private Italian guide who works exclusively with Bliss Travels), and private transportation to all tastings/events. This is a unique trip that combines 5 nights in Tuscany in a stunning and authentic Palazzo (in a hill village), 2 nights on the Italian Riviera and 5 nights in Provence in a beautiful Medieval perched village. You have the option to arrive early for private events in Florence, and to stay later to visit Paris. It's truly Bliss!
See itinerary details and prices at the bottom of this page
5 nights in Provence
5 nights in the Luberon region of Provence. This Luberon experience will include unique food, wine and culture, including access to people and places most tourists don't get to experience. We will also include a a private wine tasting, visits to galleries and shops, panoramic views and breath stopping scenery as well as a cooking lesson by a well known Michelin starred chef followed by dinner in his restaurant
Five nights in Tuscany, option to add on Florence
Travel with us and our Italian specialists from Florence to the Tuscan hill villages and to Siena, Italy. Our trip will include exclusive lodging in stunning small Palazzos, private cooking lessons and wine tastings of the areas top wines, including Vino Nobile and Brunello wines, and explorations of art and history and sport (Palio horse races anyone?) as we give you an insider's look into Tuscany.
Two nights on the Italian Riviera near Portofino
Next, we travel to the Italian riviera for a sunny and relaxing finish to our trip. Two nights, including boat trip along the coast to view Portofino's castles, and an off the beaten track fisherman's seaside restaurant (accessible only by boat)! Enjoy Portofino and its surrounding castles. Soak up the sun drenched Mediterranean beauty from a seaside restaurant. Relax and shop.
Each trip is customized and the exact length and the order of inclusions may change. Below is an example of the sort of vacation and the type of daily inclusions we offer.
Our Tuscany & Provence Trip Begins on June 24, 2017 in Provence
Dates are June 24-July 4th or 6th, 2017
- Day 1
- Pick up Avignon TGV or MRS airport (extra charge from airport)
- Private transportation to Provence
- Private walking tour of our village and "welcome to Provence" aperitifs
- Gourmet dinner of three courses with panoramic view of the lavender fields.
- Day 2
- Private transportation and guided visit to one of Provence's most beautiful fortified villages
- 3 course lunch in a tiny "mom and pop" cafe where the owner makes a special lunch of her family recipes for us.
- Tour the ancient lookout and enjoy the panoramic views of lavender fields
- Day 3
- Spend the morning at the village Provencal market
- Enjoy a light lunch served in the stunning sculpture garden of a private residence along with a tour of the pre Roman relics and Medieval art work in the home.
- Visit to a Michelin starred chef for a private cooking class with the chef in his restaurant's kitchen (optional)
- Special tasting menu for dinner and the best Chateauneuf du Pape and Rhone wines
- Day 4
- Visit the largest Provencal market in the region
- Afternoon, tour a local artists village and visit the castle or the galleries, or shop
- Enjoy a wine tasting in a private gallery. Taste a selection of our favorite French wines: Chateauneuf du Pape, Gigondas, Tavel, Bandol, Burgundy and more.
- Day 5
- A relaxed morning on your own
- Visit to a remote auberge for a traditional 4 course country lunch, followed by a walk to the plateau to experience the ruins of an ancient fort. The breathtaking cliffs and the surrounding area have been inhabited for more than 20,000 years!
- Evening to on your own
- Day 6
- Transfer to Italy (Cost of transfer extra: Estimate $100-$200 per person)
- Welcome wine tasting and dinner in our Italian Palazzo
- Walking tour of our village
- Day 7
- Excursion with private driver and guide to visit nearby vineyards, historic villages, and special tastings of Brunello wines and Tuscany's best gourmet products.
- Day 8
- Day trip to Siena for an insider's visit to this picturesque town filled with Medieval and Baroque treasures. Enjoy a gourmet lunch and private tours with our own guides. Visit the Piazza de Campo and Il Duomo, as you immerse yourself in its art and history. Visit the Palio horse races. Enjoy seats in a private balcony. A truly unique and hard to find experience (option to add this on).
- Return for a relaxed evening on your own.
- Day 9
- First part of the day on your own to shop or relax in the village or take a ride in the countryside and have an elaborate picnic in the vines.
- Afternoon, private cooking lesson or just enjoy a gourmet meal as we take over the best restaurant in the area for the evening: Our farewell to Tuscany feast (with wine pairings).
- Day 10
- Private transportation to the Mediterranean coast to area of Portofino
- Check into
- Visit and private walking tour of an historic Mediterranean village
- Join us for the traditional Italian Apero, with wines and specialty foods from Ligeria
- Day 11
- A private tour of the Portofino coast and castles. Time to swim or shop the village
- Afternoon, a private beach party and lunch overlooking the sea.
- Day 12
- Private transportation to Genoa (or Milan, at extra charge).
The above is an example itinerary. Our trip in 2017 will be 9-12 nights (excluding Florence). The quality, pacing and types and number of inclusions will follow the itinerary, but the details and order of the inclusions will change to suit the travelers and events on this trip.
Price for the 12 night trip starts at $8,990 per person/dbl occupancy includes stunning luxurious lodging and daily gourmet breakfasts as well as all of the meals, tastings and experiences described above. Our trip includes 3 private guides, translator, and specialty guides. It does not include the price of optional items (Palio tickets...)
For clients interested in ONLY the Provence OR the Tuscany portion of this trip, please notify us. We may be able to accommodate you, prices for the 5 night portions start at $3,500 per person.
***Option to add on photography lessons, sessions, private Palio seats or additional services or activities for additional fees.
For trips during 2017 and beyond, please contact us. Private trips are possible.
*Note: This trip involves transfers between 4-5 locations as well as trains. Storage areas for suitcases in cars and trains in Europe are smaller than in the U.S. Please be aware that if you take large hardshell luggage, it may not fit and we may have to hire additional transportation to accommodate your luggage. This will be cost extra.
Pricing for the trip is determined by your lodging choices, private excursions and other customized items you might choose. Please contact Wendy for further information.
June 27-29 Early
- For travelers to Florence we provide two options
- We can book hotels & transfers in Florence only, or
- We can provide a full experience and include:
- Privately guided excursions each day, customized to our group's interests. Excursions include:
- Walking tour of historical Florence
- Visit to Uffizi gallery (and perhaps Vasari Corridor, for the largest collection of artists self portraits in the world)
- Visit to the Accademia (to see the David)
- Visit to the Pitti Palace
- Visit to the Duomo
- Guided foodie tour through the Centrale market
- Dinner in the private home of a Florentine chef.
- And more
Overview: What our trips are like
Our food and wine trips are extraordinary. That's because we're always looking for new, exclusive and unique things to experience & taste. We personally vet everything we offer. We custom design menus, tastings, even activities.
What should you expect? Expect to be invited into people's homes, vineyards and farms. Expect to see the most stunning villages and vistas you've ever seen. Expect to have a relaxed, casual atmosphere and leisurely meals and tastings. Expect comfortable lodging and individually decorated rooms in stunning villages. Expect to visit ancient ruins and historic centers. Expect authenticity. And expect it to be fun and not stuffy. In short, expect Bliss!
Sample* 5 night Tuscan Hill Village
Bliss Active & Independent Vacation Package
for independent travelers who just want a small "taste" of our Bliss Travels experience
June 29-July 4: 5 nights lodging in charming Tuscan Inn
All "tours" and "walks" are led by a private guide, and pace and length will be customized to the group.
Times are subject to change, based upon group and weather.
Private car transfer from Florence 11am included
- 12:30-2pm: 3 course welcome lunch at a winery, with wines
- Check into your inn (5 nights- double room and taxes included)
- Welcome gifts and bottle of wine
- 4-5:30pm walk through the historic village and tour the sites
Day 2 ** There is an option to include a day trip to Siena for the Palio horse races on this day)
- 9-11 am: 2 hour fitness walk through the vineyards and countryside of Tuscany
- Day on your own to visit the boutiques, wine shops and the village sites
- 9-10 am: 1 hour fitness walk through the vineyards and countryside of Tuscany
- Time TBD: 2 hour horseback riding followed by a pizza making lesson (and eating!) on a Tuscan farm
- 9-10am: Guided fitness walk
- Day on your own
- 10-12pm: Guided fitness walk through the countryside
- 5pm-6pm: "farewell" wine tasting with Tuscan treats
- Check out
- 9:30am private (for our group) transfer back to central point in Florence, included. Option to make your own arrangements for a later transfer and receive a credit.
Price start at: $2,900 per person/double room. Items listed in the itinerary are included. Items not listed are not included. Clients must make their own travel arrangements to/from Florence.
Option to add on photography sessions, lessons and photo walks to this trip for an additional fee.
Minimum of 4 participants necessary. Order of itinerary and inclusions are subject to change due to weather and availability. Listed items are included. Items not listed are not included.
Make a deposit now to guarantee your place on this trip
Deposits are non-refundable as they indicate your intention to occupy a place in this small group. Please contact us if you have any questions about the trip.
Please see our terms & conditions here for more details.