May 20-25th, 2017 in Provence
Early arrival Paris May 19
Paris from May 25-28 with our group.
Flights to Europe are unbelievably low priced for these dates! Boston Roundtrip is $400 -$500 !!! Don't miss out. Only one room left.
Our trips are small, personalized, customized and truly authentic. We provide exclusive access to places, people, foods and wines not available to most tourists. We strike a balance between having a set itinerary (so you know what to expect) and a spontaneous flare that you might get if you just ventured out on your own. This trip is limited to 8 guests. There will be two leaders, private drivers, small luxury lodging and some of the best "insider" food and wine experiences anywhere!
Wendy founded Bliss Travels in 2003 after leaving the practice of law. She has traveled throughout France for more than 30 years and spends extensive time in France (as well as Italy and Spain) developing her relationships and expertise. Her relationships with chefs, restaurateurs, hotel and private inn owners, artists, artisan producers, farmers, and other locals allow her to provide insight into culture, cuisine and wine. These relationships combined with her background teaching French food and wine mean Bliss travelers get exclusive access to authentic experiences unavailable to most tourists.
More About This Special Private Trip
This is a private trip, fully customized and includes a culinary focus co-led by wine educator Jack Petras (see below for Jack's bio). an include 5 nights in Provence:
- Private pick up and drop off at Avignon train station (single meeting point and time for group) for the transfer to/from Provence
- 5 nights lodging in stunning Medieval village in a private inn (beautiful rooms, a/c, wifi, private garden, panoramic views, pool & more)
- Daily gourmet breakfasts of fresh baked breads and pastries, local fruits, artisan jams, locally made cheeses, yogurts, cereals and more
- Daily excursions that each include private transportation and guides:
- Provencal market Day: Visit, tour, shop and taste as we lead you through the market. Participate in creating a gourmet picnic in Provence.
- A study in Provencal opposites: Visit both a tiny off the beaten track village for breathtaking views, followed by lunch in our favorite "mom and pop" bistro, and an afternoon in one of the areas most chic "arts" villages.
- History: A day of Roman ruins and ancient civilizations or a day in a private venue with original UNESCO world heritage sculptures and a 2000 year old history
- Welcome tasting of local roses and a three course Provencal dinner
- Two private wine tasting with wine education led by Jack.
- Wines will include Bandols, Provence AOP/AOC, Chateauneuf du Pape, Vacqueras, Gigondas and many others.
- Each tasting event/class to be held in a private venue
- 1 wine and cheese pairing (light lunch)
- 2 lunches (picnic and 3 course local lunch)
- 2 dinners (3 course welcome dinner and casual garden dinner)
- Specially chosen wines with all included meals
- Option to add on a special cooking and dining experience with a Michelin starred chef in his kitchen, and a tasting menu to follow OR to have an al fresco lunch on the back porch of a home of a Michelin starred chef!
Price: $2,950 per person/double room.
Book before February 4th and receive $200 per room.
(If you attended our event at Leary's then you will receive a credit for the price you paid in addition to the room discount. Travelers must book by Feb 4th to receive this discount.)
Pre and post trip in Paris to include the following
- May 19, and May 25 to 28th, 2017, Left Bank hotel (4 nights)
- Private foodie tour and wine tastings in Paris
- 3 or more private walking tour led by our guides and customized for your small group:
- Orientation walking tour of major sites with focus on history, lore and any special topics that interest you!
- Paris Left Bank walking tour (before our foodie/wine event)
- Louvre tour
- Marais neighborhood walking tour.
- 2 day, all access, Paris museum passes to skip the lines and allow multiple entry
- Possibly gourmet bistro lunch
- Private transfers (car and driver) to/from Charles de Gaulle airport
- Private transfers to/from train station for your trains into and out of Provence
- Accompaniment at train station to help you get boarded!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details and Paris pricing.
No big groups. No buses.
The above is a general overview of our possible inclusions. This trip is private. Each trip is different and the itinerary is based on season, traveler preferences and specific travel dates.
Airfare not included. Trains not included in prices