OCTOBER 6-11, 2018.
October 2018 price: $3,075. This is a five night trip and includes all of the items in the below Luberon itinerary.
The Luberon Region of Provence is one of the most sought after destinations and one of the most beautiful places to explore. Here you will find stunning markets, Roman bridges and roads, perched medieval villages, farms with world-renowned produce and some of the best wines in the world.
Wine lovers, foodies, sightseers and photographers of all levels have raved about the experience. And we provide our travelers with exclusive access and insider experiences that most travelers never have. This is a custom vacation everyone can truly enjoy.
More About This Trip
The 6 day/5 night Luberon Itinerary includes:
- Private pick up and drop off at Avignon train station (single meeting point and time for group) for the transfer to/from Provence
- 5 nights lodging in stunning Medieval village in a private inn (beautiful rooms, a/c, wifi, private garden, panoramic views, pool & more)
- Daily gourmet breakfasts of fresh baked breads and pastries, local fruits, artisan jams, locally made cheeses, yogurts, cereals and more
- Every trip is customized for the travelers who attend. So each excursion, menu and event is based upon our travelers' preferences. Special diets accommodated.
- Three 6 hour (usually 10-4pm) private sightseeing excursions with chauffeur driven car/van, guide and translation (excursions included stunning Provençal markets, perched villages, Roman ruins, chateaux, galleries/shopping, art and sights too numerous to mention).
- At least 1 wine tasting event including top Chateauneuf du Pape wines and vintage bottles from all over France including Bordeaux and Burgundy.
- One, 3 course gourmet welcome dinner with custom menu and local wines
- Three, 3 course gourmet lunches (including custom venues and exclusive access experiences, and including at least one 4 course country lunch in a remote country inn)
- Specially chosen wines with all included meals
- Private guide for all excursions and on site planner to help customize your trip. For trips of 12 there are 2 full time planners/guides
- Option to add on a special dining experience with a Michelin starred chef in his kitchen, and a tasting menu to follow OR to have an al fresco lunch on the back porch of a home of a Michelin starred chef!
Add ons in Paris or Burgundy are possible. These include transportation, wine tasting, private sightseeing and "not available to the public" venues and menus.
No trip is larger than 10-12 people. No big groups. No buses.
The above is a general overview of our inclusions. Each trip is different and the itinerary is based on season, traveler preferences and specific travel dates.
Airfare not included.
Do you all have to agree on what you most want to do each day?
Do you have a significant other or traveling companion who isn't so into wine tasting or photography or hiking or whatever it is you most like to do? Maybe you are more interested in Provençal markets or shopping or museums than photography. Maybe you just want to visit Provence and try a bit of everything! No problem. Our trips always have a mix of people and we accommodate their special interests. We want everyone who comes to have an enjoyable time and a customized experience. That's why we only take small groups of under 12 people -- and for trips of 10-12 people we have two trip leaders so that there are always choices of what to do.
On some trips we can have a professional photographer traveling with us! Want low key tips? A private photography session of "you" in Provence? A custom book of your trip? All of that is possible. Just ask us! You can even take our "photography track" if this interests you. Minimum number of people, and extra charges apply to this option. (see The Photography Option for more details)