Private Travel: Nancy Yeomans Provence & Tuscany 2018
Dates for this custom, private vacation are last week in June and first week in July, 2018 Exact dates TBD by May 2017.
10-12 night trip.
5 nights Provence (Luberon medieval villages)
5 nights Tuscany (hill villages and Siena)
Optional two nights Portofino and Ligurian coast in Italy
The trip includes the chance to enjoy "bucket list" events like balcony seats at the famed Palio horse races in Siena, truffle dinners in Tuscany and an evening with a Michelin starred chef in Provence. Each trip is customized. Each trip is different.
Sample daily itinerary is below. Contact Wendy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This trip is about relaxed "authenticity". All lodging is uniquely decorated and personally selected. In Tuscany we will take over small "Palazzo" and luxury residences. In Provence, we will have a luxury Provencal inn to ourselves, in a perched Medieval village with private garden and pool. Meals are local, gourmet or rustic, and truly authentic. Every meal includes wines, such as top wines from Chateauneuf du Pape, Vino Nobile, Brunello, Tavel, Bandol and more. You have 3 private guides/planners (including the owner of Bliss Travels and a private Italian guide who works exclusively with Bliss Travels), and private transportation to all tastings/events. This is a unique trip that combines 5 nights in Tuscany in an authentic Palazzo (in a hill village), 2 nights on the Italian Riviera and 5 nights in Provence in a beautiful Medieval perched village. You have the option to arrive early for private events in Florence, and to stay later to visit Paris. It's truly Bliss!
See itinerary details and prices at the bottom of this page
5 nights in Provence
5 nights in the Luberon region of Provence. This Luberon experience will include unique food, wine and culture, including access to people and places most tourists don't get to experience. We will include private wine tastings, hikes to ancient ruins, visit to little known private art collections and galleries, panoramic views, Medieval villages, Provencal markets and breath stopping scenery as well as two optional/independent items: A day of biking and the option to add on a cooking lesson by a well known Michelin starred chef followed by dinner in his restaurant.
Five nights in Tuscany
Travel with us and our Italian specialists to the Tuscan hill villages and to Siena, Italy. Our trip will include lodging in stunning small Palazzos, daily breakfasts and evening aperitifs, wine tasting in Tuscan vineyards, guided hikes/runs in the countryside, a day trip to stunning siena the day of the Palio horse races, and the option to include private balcony seats (in an apartment overlooking the festivities). This is an insider's look into Tuscany and includes a private party and memorable meal with our favorite Tuscan chef.
Two nights on the Italian Riviera near Portofino
Next, we travel to the Italian riviera for a sunny and relaxing finish to our trip. Two nights, including boat trip along the coast to view Portofino's castles, and an off the beaten track fisherman's seaside restaurant (accessible only by boat)! Enjoy Portofino and its surrounding castles. Soak up the sun drenched Mediterranean beauty from a seaside restaurant. Relax and shop.
Each trip is customized and the exact length and the order of inclusions may change. Below is an example of the sort of vacation and the type of daily inclusions we offer. Exact inclusions will be based upon the dates, activities available and your preferences. Nancy and I will coordinate that once the spots are filled and we can speak to the group.
Our Tuscany & Provence Trip Begins in Provence
- Day 1
- Pick up Avignon TGV or MRS airport (extra charge from airport), one per 7 people
- Private transportation into Provence
- Private walking tour of our village with a light hike through the little known remains of an ancient village
- Welcome drinks
- Welcome dinner of three courses and the best local wines.
- Day 2
- Private transportation and guided visit to one of Provence's most beautiful fortified villages
- 3 course lunch in a tiny "mom and pop" cafe where the owner makes a special lunch of her family recipes for us.
- Tour the ancient lookout and enjoy the panoramic views of lavender fields
- Evening private wine tasting (with appetizers) of Chateauneuf du Pape, Cote du Rhone, Bandol and wines from other French regions
- Day 3
- Spend the morning at the village Provencal market
- Enjoy a wines and a light lunch/afternoon snack, served in the stunning sculpture garden of a private residence along with a tour of the pre Roman relics and Medieval art work in the home. This is one of the most remarkable places I've ever seen, and is truly one of a kind. Enjoy UNESCO world heritage site treasures in a private, little known venue!
- Visit to a Michelin starred chef for a private cooking class with the chef in his restaurant's kitchen (optional, added cost)
- Special tasting menu for dinner and the best Chateauneuf du Pape and Rhone wines (optional, added cost)
- Day 4
- Visit the largest Provencal market in the region OR
- Day of biking (optional/independent). Bikes will be reserved for you to rent.
- Best pizza dinner you've ever had.
- Day 5
- A relaxed morning on your own
- Visit to a remote auberge for a traditional 4 course country lunch or a gourmet country picnic, followed by a hike to the plateau to experience the ruins of an ancient fort. The breathtaking cliffs and the surrounding area have been inhabited for more than 20,000 years!
- Evening to on your own
- Day 6
- Transfer to Italy (day trip) and will include snacks and drinks for the trip
- Welcome wines and cheeses upon check in
- Walking tour of our village
- Dinner on your own
- Day 7
- Optional guided hike or run
- Excursion with private driver and guide to visit nearby vineyards, historic villages, and special tastings of Brunello wines and Tuscany's best gourmet products.
- Day 8
- Day trip to Siena for an insider's visit to this picturesque town filled with Medieval and Baroque treasures. Enjoy a gourmet lunch in a rustic restaurant built into an ancient cave, and have private tour of the town with our own guides. Visit the Piazza de Campo and Il Duomo, as you immerse yourself in its art and history of this stunning town. Visit the Palio horse races.
- Option to add private seats on a balcony from which to enjoy your wines and view the Palio. This is truly unique and extremely hard to find experience.
- Return end of evening
- Day 9
- Optional guided hike or run
- Day on your own to shop or relax in the village. For those of you who wish to include more activity we can offer optional horse back riding.
- Evening a cooking demo and farewell dinner with our favorite Tuscan chef. If we have sufficient people we will take over the restaurant and have a special party --music included. Dinner includes pasta with truffles, steak florentine (non red meat options) and some of the most astounding desserts I've seen!
- Optional end trip or continue on to the Italian coast
- Day 10
- Private transportation to the Mediterranean coast to area of Portofino
- Check in
- Visit and private walking tour of an historic Mediterranean village
- Join us for the traditional Italian Apero, with wines and specialty foods from Liguria (in lieu of dinner)
- Day 11
- A private boat tour of the Portofino coast and castles. Time to swim while on the boat and/or to shop the village of Portofino
- Afternoon choice to visit a seaside restaurant only accessible by boat or have a beach and swimming day. TBD
- Day 12
- Private transportation to Genoa train station for departure, one per 2-4 people (or Milan at extra charge)
The above is an example itinerary. The quality, pacing and types and number of inclusions will follow the itinerary, but the details and order of the inclusions will change to suit the travelers and events on this trip.
Note: Please advise Wendy or Nancy if photography is of interest to you. If we have sufficient interest we can include daily photography lessons, reviews etc with a professional photographer. The lessons can be casual, on site lessons and tips as well as details on the use of photographic technology, photo reviews, and help on making your own books. There would be a cost for having a photographer travel with us, but depending upon the level of interest it mightn't be too high.
Prices are outlined below. Prices are discounted for Nancy's group:
Prices for 10 night trip, based upon 12 to 13 travelers with all above inclusions: $6700 per person/double room
Prices for 12 night trip, based upon 12/13 travelers with all above inclusions: $7500 per person/double room.
Prices will be adjusted by $100 per person for 10 or 11 travelers (+$100) or 14-16 travelers (-$100).
Solo supplement required for solo rooms. Triple occupancy reduces price (possible for only 1st 10 nights).
To hold a spot: Initial deposit of $300.
Second deposit of 25% of the total trip price (10 or 12 night) is due by June 1, 2017 (**note that this deposit is what guarantees your dollar price. You may make this deposit early in order to lock in your dollar prices if you like.)
Final payment due by February 1, 2018
See Nancy for the purchase of travel insurance.
**Note: Dollar prices are guaranteed when the second deposit is made. Until then prices are only guaranteed up to a dollar to euro 1.3 to 1 exchange rate. If the retail exchange rate (posted for clients on B of A website) exceeds 1.3 at the time of your payment due date, then the prices will be adjusted. If you choose to pay early and the euro rate has not moved beyond 1.3 your dollar price will be locked in regardless of what happens to the euro/dollar rate in the future.)
Terms and conditions: Deposits are nonrefundable. Initial deposits are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Second deposits and final payments are nonrefundable but can be transferred to another traveler under the following conditions:
- Traveler receiving the transferred amount would be the 14th or subsequent travelers on the trip.
- Traveler the payment is being transferred to is a new traveler or a waitlisted traveler to the trip (not already enrolled in the trip with their own initial deposit).
- Bliss Travels can confirm room and car availability for the new traveler.
Overview: What our trips are like
Our food and wine trips are extraordinary. That's because we're always looking for new, exclusive and unique things to experience & taste. We personally vet everything we offer. We custom design menus, tastings, even activities.
What should you expect? Expect to be invited into people's homes, vineyards and farms. Expect to see the most stunning villages and vistas you've ever seen. Expect to have a relaxed, casual atmosphere and leisurely meals and tastings. Expect comfortable lodging and individually decorated rooms in stunning villages. Expect to visit ancient ruins and historic centers. Expect authenticity. And expect it to be fun and not stuffy. In short, expect Bliss!
Make a deposit now to guarantee your place on this trip. Make deposits to Bliss Travels, via Nancy Yeomans.
Deposits are non-refundable as they indicate your intention to occupy a place in this small group. Please contact us if you have any questions about the trip.
Please see our terms & conditions here for more details.