April in Paris, Burgundy & Provence 2018
April 22-26, 2018 in Burgundy
April 26-29, 2018 in Provence
7 nights: Burgundy and Provence***. Itinerary and pricing below.
***note to repeat travelers: We do not replicate any of our Provence trips on this vacation. We are going to an entirely different region of Provence..
Option to add on Paris, along with private tours of Left Bank, markets and specialty dining.
- Visit domaines not open to the public
- Enjoy private barrel tastings led by small wine makers
- Have a private, sommelier led, Grand Cru tasting party
- Experience top level dining that ranges from casual market day picnics to Michelin stars and private chefs
....and do it all on relaxed and fun trip.
"I had the most wonderful trip to Burgundy with you and Bliss Travels last September. As a former head of the Bordeaux wine society in Washington, DC, but a great lover of Burgundies, I can tell you that all of my expectations were exceeded, from the pre-Burgundy days in Paris , during which I experienced things I had not, despite living in Paris for almost 5 years, to the Burgundy Adventure - including where we stayed, the tours, both of Beaune and the chateaux, the teaching sessions, and the meals (Ah, the meals!) it was the best vacation of its type I had ever taken. "
- D.T. (Washington D.C. 2011)
"You planned an awesome trip for us. Thank you for all of your hard work and great spirit that you put into making it a great trip. We look forward to our next adventure." G.H. (Fla. 2016)
"We both of us had a great time...Travelling companions were fun - and all your planning was perfect. Enjoyed the lovely hotels and gourmet dinners were tasty andfun. You paced the timing i.e. planned activity with free time just right...would recommend your trips in a heartbeat." N.W. (Calif. 2016)
"I did want to tell you that I was worried that our second trip (Burgundy) would not be as good as the first (to Provence) but WOW it was truly something special. I have never tasted such good wine! And your ability to get us in to places no one else gets to was outstanding. I appreciate your personal attention to detail and your ability to make it feel like we are traveling with friends-which we are now. Bordeaux Next!" -T.T. (Atlanta, GA 2013)
This Grand Cru experience is designed to provide the ultimate experience… and includes all new Provence destinations.
Custom trip with top wines and foods in a relaxed atmosphere.
Sample 7 night Itinerary
(Order of items might vary. Specific itinerary inclusions are based upon travelers attending the trip, as all of our trips are customized)
Leave US, overnight flight to Paris. Flight not included.
Day 1 (Optional pre trip: Arrive Paris)
- Arrival in Paris (option to add on private airport transfers, at additional cost)
- A special gastronomic tasting menu and fine wines at a Michelin starred restaurant or a custom food and wine tour with wine tastings and pairings.
- Afternoon Private Left Bank walking tour
- Evening on your own.
- Overnight in Paris included
Day 2 (four nights in luxury inn or boutique hotel in Burgundy)
- Continental Breakfast
- First class train transport to Burgundy and private transfers between hotels
- Gourmet picnic for lunch on the train
- Check into your Inn.
- Private tour of 14th Century cellar, led by the winemaker. Barrel tastings
- A multi course gastronomic dinner of prepared by a private chef, along with Burgundy wine pairings. Dishes include gourmet fare such as foie gras and leek terrine and lobster poached in red wine with baby vegetables. Paired with premiere cru Burgundy wines. Welcome to Burgundy!
- Gourmet, Home made Breakfast served in your Inn
- Morning—1 hour walking tour of the village
- Gourmet lunch with wines in top Burgundy restaurant
- Afternoon tour of the famed whites of Burgundy including Meursault and a visit to the charming village of Pommard to taste their wines.
- Evening on your own to explore the wine bar and bistros
- Gourmet, mome made breakfast served in your Inn.
- Morning on your own
- Combination light lunch and sommelier led special tasting of Grand Cru and Premier cry wines
- Afternoon private tour of the Cote de Nuits –viewing the famed vineyards of Clos de Vougeot and Romanee Conti.
- Tastings of Pinot Noirs from the Cote de Nuits included. You will travel by private van with a wine expert as well as a Bliss Travels representative. Travel the "Route des Grand Crus" and taste in the vines and in small chateaux.
- Evening on your own
- Gourmet, home made breakfast served in your inn
- Visit the Burgundy markets and tour them. Tastings included
- Group picnic from the markets (weather dependent)
- Farewell dinner celebration at a Michelin starred restaurant with tasting menu and wine pairings.
Day 6 (3 nights in luxury inn and boutique hotels in Provence)
*Note to repeat travelers: This portion of the trip does not replicate any of our other Provence trips. We will be in a different region -not the Luberon- for the entirety of the Provence portion.
- Gourmet, Home made Breakfast served in your Inn.
- Morning on your own to shop or tour the Hospices of Beaune.
- Depart for Provence or Mediterranean OR back to Paris for the end of trip
- Transfer to next destination (if continuing with us)
- Private van transportation to Provence
- Arrival orientation tour and welcome dinner in Provence
- Breakfast served in your hotel.
- Market day! Tour one of the large Provencal markets in an historic town that is also home to the largest antiques and flea market in the country (other than Paris)
- Evening on your own
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Let us take you on a walk to visit in the footsteps of the Impressionist artists and to visit the Roman and pre Roman ruins (car transfer available for those who prefer not to walk)
- Enjoy a special wine tasting of Chateauneuf du Pape and other Rhone wines paired with traditional Provencal treats,
- Final farewell dinner.
- Breakfast at hotel
- Transfer to train to Paris or any other destination. Our trip concludes here!
Option to add on: Option to add on a hotel in Paris (added cost) and transfers for either the pre or post trip.
- On site private guide and events coordinator. Small private group. No more than 10-12 people.
- All transportation that we include is by private car, private van and train. No buses or touristy "group" experiences.
- All planning and trip organization.
- 7 nights lodging as follows: 4 nights in Burgundy and 3 nights in Provence. Lodging included: highly luxurious Inn in Burgundy (or boutique hotel), and luxury boutique hotel in Provence.
- Two suites available, supplemental charge. Given on a first to purchase basis.
- Daily Breakfasts, as described
- 5 lunches as described above, all with top wines.
- 3 gourmet multi course dinners as described above, with custom menus and top wines (including night with private chef)
- Transportation to Burgundy by first class train and to Provence (if adding on the days in Provence)
- Private transfers between trains and hotels in Burgundy and Provence
- All private tours in Burgundy –two ½ day private tours, with private car/van transportation –one guide/wine expert pr 7 clients. Tasting of minimum 6-8 wines each tour. One tasting/tour of Cote du Beaune wine makers and one tour/tasting of Cote de Nuits wine makers. At least 2 tasting stops for each.
- Tastings at domaines NOT open to the public
- All tastings described above including private cellar tour and barrel tastings
- 1 Wine tasting class of premiere cru and at least 4 grand cru wines
- Tastings include such Grand Cru wines as Echezeaux, Clos du Vougeot, Corton, more
- Privately guided walking tours as described above and custom itinerary planning
- Privately guided excursions with guide, driver and translation, as described above
- Special room upgrades and special Michelin starred meals may be added at an added cost.
Airfare, airport/hotel transfers, anything not specifically listed in the above itinerary as included.
2017 Price: from $5,850 per person for all 7 nights if booked prior to September 1, 2017. Includes everything listed in the below sample itinerary. Lodging includes private 4 room luxury inn in Burgundy, and high level boutique lodging in Provence. Solos welcome. Call for pricing.
Note on Burgundy: We have 2 suites available.
Budget conscious option: More moderate wine trip for those who don't want to miss out.
We can modify special meals or lodging & customize inclusions in Paris. In addition, shortening the trip on either end is possible. Contact us for specific budgets or quotes if you wish to arrive late or leave early. Below are only some examples of options.
- For full 7 night trip (excluding private chef dinner and Burgundy farewell dinner) in more moderate boutique lodging $4,950 per person/double room.
- For 4 night Burgundy trip: $4,450 per person/double occupancy
- 4 nights Burgundy with 1 night Paris possible.
If you are interested in custom travel to Burgundy, using a similar itinerary or having us design something special, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
email us now!
Itinerary and the ideas therein are property of Bliss Travels. All parties reviewing this itineraryagree not to use or cause it to be used without first making payment to Bliss Travels for preparation of same